Tuesday, April 12, 2005

taxes, shmaxes

How's it hanging, 'ku believers? It's me, The Haiku Master, maxin', relaxin' -- but never taxin'!! -- here at my top secret base of operations in the Baltimore suburbs!

I don't know about you, but I've been hearing a lot of public bitching lately about the dreaded "T" word. That's right -- taxes. Me, I never touch the stuff; thanks to my status as a high-profile celebrity crimefighter, I'm legally exempt. But from what I can see, they're a real pain in the ass to you little people. (Especially Haiku International's Minister of Information, who never shuts up about the "draconian Maryland tax code" around this time of year.)

At any rate, here's my advice to you: if taxes bring you that much pain, just don't pay them! It'll be much better for your mental well being in the long run, and with a bureaucracy as big as the Internal Revenue Service, most of you are sure to slip through the cracks.

Don't thank me with words -- thank me with a nice, tax deductible donation to Haiku International with all the money you're going to save by not paying taxes!

Best,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great viewpoint about Taxes - my human has an uncle that lives in Taxes - Dollahs, Taxes.

Funny thing about that uncle - he had to court for stealing 500 bags of kibble from a local store - he said "Don't give me time in Leavenworth!" So the judge gave him 5 & 10 at Woolworth.

That uncle always wore a dime and a safety pin on his lapel and told people that was his dime and pin (diamond pin)

Am I rambling? because I'm trying to . . .

Cal