Wednesday, June 01, 2005

vengeance is mine

Well, well, well, well! If it's true that he who laughs last laughs best, than I -- The Haiku Master -- am he! Why, you ask? Because I just got the latest issue of NME,* and my former band, Masters of Mariachi, was voted worst new mariachi group of 2005 by that fine publication's savvy readers!!


Masters of Mariachi, Post-Haiku Master (From Left): Rudy, Paulo, Sanchez, Jesus, and Felipé

Talk about some sweet revenge! Just two-and-a-half months ago, that motley crew of cutthroats kicked the Pharaoh of 5-7-5 and his golden throat to the curb, in favor of my once-trusted agent Paulo's gravelly whine. Then they had the audacity to add a trumpet player, Felipé, knowing full well I can't stand the sound of brass in my mariachi!

But the big wheel of karma has spun firmly around now -- giving yours truly a dollar and the chance for a bonus spin! Take that, you Judases! Or is it Judi? Either way, I win!

Best,


----------------------
* New Mariachi Express. And yes, they do hold their annual readers poll very early in the year.

No comments: