Monday, May 02, 2005

ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Welcome back, 'ku believers! The above words were once spoken by Johnny Rotten at the Sex Pistols' last-ever live show.* But now it's me, The Haiku Master, who's speaking them, and I'm saying them to you -- 'cause I'm back a day later than originally promised, and there's not a thing on earth you can do about it!

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-HA!!!

Alright, enough gloating for now. If you must know, the Pharaoh of 5-7-5 has been extremely busy over the past couple of weeks, including these nail-biting assignments:

* Casting the tie-breaking vote in the recent election of Pope Benedict XVI;

* Helping the World's Greatest Football Team, the Miami Dolphins, with its NFL draft selections;

* Foiling Haikunestro's latest jailbreak attempt; and

* Cataloging my extensive collection of Guy Lombardo memorabilia.

As you can see, it's not as if I've been taking her easy while you good people have awaited my next missive. Better still, I have high hopes the Texas adventure will finally be completed come this weekend! Until next time, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars -- so sayeth I... The Haiku Master!

Best,


----------------------
* The Sultan of Syllables is a Pistols purist, and therefore doesn't count their latter day, post-breakup performances. Primarily -- and this is just between you and me -- because they really suck in their modern incarnation.

No comments: