Sunday, December 11, 2005

maybe time magazine isn't so bad after all

Sing a song of sixpence, 'ku believers! It's me, The Haiku Master, and as if being recently named High Adventure Monthly's Hero of the Year wasn't thrilling enough, I'm now a finalist for TIME Magazine's coveted Person of the Year honor!!

Don't believe me? Take a gander at this little photo -- and I assure you there's no digital trickery involved (after all, we never use digital trickery at Haiku International)! For further proof, pay a visit to TIME's "Person of the Year" site at http://www.impoy.com/default.aspx?detail_id=9821!


Finally, A TIME Person Of The Year Worthy Of The Honor

How'd this long-overdue nomination come about, you ask? Turns out that TIME was at a loss as to who to give the prize to this year, what with nobody doing anything of particular note, so they opened the nominating process to the public... and H.I.'s Minister of Information took it upon himself to throw my name into the ring! Well, despite their inability to pick 100 top-rate novels, TIME apparently does know from persons, and notified me of their choice with the following email:

Thank you for submitting your photo to TIME Magazine's Person of the Year in Times Square. Please visit the URL below to find a webcam shot of your image as displayed in Times Square. This image is available for viewing, printing and sending to friends.


So there you have it; looks like I'm a shoo-in for the POY this year. Better get on my good side now, folks, for I shall definitely play favorites once I'm in charge!

Best,

No comments: