Monday, August 22, 2005

rock on mister moog

Brace yourselves, 'ku believers, for I, The Haiku Master, am the bearer of terrible news: synthesizer visionary Robert A. Moog has fingered his last keyboard! (Link goes to the always reliable Yahoo! News.)


Robert A. Moog: Superstar

That's right! The man whose fantastic music boxes gave life to everything from The Beatles' Abbey Road to A Clockwork Orange's soundtrack -- deader than a doorknob! But weep not, for Ol' Doc Moog's probably rocking out with Valhalla's all-star band as I type these words. I can see it now, as if it were a vision from on high: Sinatra! Hendrix! Lennon! Thunders! Moon! Entwhistle! Ramone (x3)! And now... MOOG!!!


Nobody Built A Better Synthesizer Than Moog

That's all for tonight, loyal readers -- the Pharaoh of 5-7-5 can stand no more of this morbid talk! I'm off to pay tribute to Moog the only way I know how; an eight-hour marathon rendition of Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," played on Castle Haiku's Moog Synthesizer with the Haiku-Bot accompanying me on drums!

Best,

3 comments:

mrs the experience said...

Be sure to post an audio blog of said marathon. All eight hours. I'm having a dinner party soon and just KNOW this would be ideal background music. My Harry Connick CD is scratched, you see.

The Haiku Master said...

More comments, great! Here we go:

First, of course, the lovely Sarathena. Unfortunately, I didn't see your request until after the session was complete, so alas, there is no recording. However, the Haiku-Bot and I will be happy to give you a live performance if you want to jet on over to Castle Haiku this weekend.

As for those traitors in the CACS (Citizens Against Common Sense, I believe) -- I have better things to do than babysit children! Additionally, I have permanently deleted one of your posts. Insult me if you will, but NO ONE insults the Sultan of Syllables' grandma! In fact, being adopted, I don't even have a grandma!

Best,

The Haiku Master

mrs the experience said...

Hm. Thanks for the invitation; may I have a rain-check? I have the dinner party this weekend (for which I desperately wanted the recording as well as the kidneys).