Saturday, August 20, 2005

so apparently that was a bad investment

Sigh. Yes it's me, The Haiku Master. And brother, am I ever depressed.

Remember my last epic saga, "Wheelin' and Dealin'"? In which Old Man Winter and I teamed up to buy 95% of the world's supply of Egyptian cotton, with a presumed fortune coming our way once we sold it? Yeah. Funny thing is, Haiku International's Minister of Operations, Oswald "Oz" Carver, has been doing his damndest for more than a month to find a buyer, and guess what? The best offer he's gotten so far is a team of donkeys and 12 girls of marrying age from an impoverished village in the Andes.

In other words, unless you're a polygamist, Egyptian cotton is worthless. Which means the Pharaoh of 5-7-5 has been ripped off. And the Pharaoh of 5-7-5 hates being ripped off!!


As It Turns Out, Egyptian Cotton Isn't Worth A Dime

So beware, Milo Minderbender, beware! Wherever you go, wherever you hide, I will find you... and when I do, it shall surely be clobbering time!

Best,


----------------------
P.S. As the more observant amongst you have no doubt already noticed, three new The Haiku Master Epic Sagas comic book covers are now available: one for "Wheelin' and Dealin';" one for my tussle with the Scientologists, now entitled "Xenu and Me;" and a long-overdue one for "World of the Dogs." Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Haiku Master said...

Sorry about the no-show, Stan, but your better known brother, Dan "The Man" Marino, had his monthly poker game on Friday, and I didn't get out of there until about 9 a.m. Saturday morning. Needless to say, massive battery recharging was required prior to that night's patrol, hence my non-appearance at your to-do.

Besides which, you live in like the 260th century, while I live in the 21st century. There's no way I could've made it.

The good news is, I won about $300 at the game. AND I got a great deal on car insurance!

Best,

The Haiku Master