Wednesday, March 09, 2005

sleep well, good cap'n

Greetings, saints and sinners. It's me, The Haiku Master, and I'm regretfully serving up a piping cold plate of bad news tonight: legendary adventurer Cap'n Bosworth J. Shrimpstain has sailed his last sea.


R.I.P. Cap'n Shrimpstain

Details are still sketchy, though the Cap'n's fellow Silver Age crimefighter and longtime confidante, Captain Walrus of the Cosmos, is reporting that Shrimpstain was found dead of an apparent suicide earlier today. I suppose it's no surprise -- he did leave a pre-act suicide note on his "blog," after all -- but believe you me, knowing a blow is coming doesn't weaken its impact in the least.

Naturally, the one true Sultan of Syllables is devasted by this loss. The Cap'n was one of my boyhood heroes, and in later years I had the good fortune to know him as both friend and mentor. He shall be deeply, deeply, deeply, deeply missed.

Sleep well, good Cap'n -- I'm sure you're taking command of Valhalla's finest vessel as I type these words. Sa-lute!

Best,



P.S. On the plus side, this gives me an ironclad excuse for getting drunk tonight...and all day tomorrow! Thank you, Cap'n Shrimpstain!

No comments: