Saturday, March 05, 2005

what do you mean i need a reservation?

***
‘FREE PAULO,’ CHAPTER IV

Hi there, folks. It's me, The Haiku Master, and I'm afraid I have some heartbreaking news: the 1st Annual The Haiku Master's Celebrity Breakdancing Tournament won't be taking place this weekend after all!


The 1st Annual The Haiku Master's Celebrity Breakdancing Tournament Has Been Cancelled

That's right -- no show, which means no "di-ner-o" flowing into the Free Paulo Fund. Which further means that the CCCP-US's first commissioner is going to have to cool his horses in prison just a wee bit longer.

How did this catastrophe come to pass, you ask? Two words: The Man (and I'm not talking about my close, personal friend Dan Marino).

With the event originally scheduled for Sunday, I'd taken a crew of "will work for food" types down to Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium early this morning to set things up. But no sooner had we started waxing down the stage than we found ourselves surrounded by a squad of tough-talking security guards.


One Trip To The Local Homeless Shelter Netted The Haiku Master A Swarthy Set-Up Crew For The Big Event

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing?" their leader asked, smacking a billyclub into his open left palm.

"What does it look like we're doing?" I retorted smartly. "Getting ready for tomorrow's big show, of course!"

"What big show? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Hello?!," I said, waving a flyer in his face. "The 1st Annual The Haiku Master's Celebrity Breakdancing Tournament! What, do you live in a cave or something?"

"Look pal, I ain't got nothing about no breakdancing tournaments on my schedule," he said. "You guys are going to have to leave, or I'm calling the cops."

Long story short, turns out M&T Bank Stadium works on some kind of totalitarian reservation system...even for high-profile celebrity crimefighters like the one true Sultan of Syllables!

Not wanting to risk extradition to Florida, I ceded victory to my opponent. After returning my crew from whence I found them, I drove back to my to my top secret base of operations to ponder a "Plan B" for busting Paulo out of jail. Which will probably involve the Cobra Kai Haiku Order's devastating weapon of last resort: good old-fashioned violence. Either way, I'll keep you posted.

---CLICK HERE FOR 'FREE PAULO' PT. V---

No comments: