Sunday, March 13, 2005

world of the dogs, pt. III

***
CHAPTER III


Heh. Hi gang. Man, am I ever embarrassed.

Remember how I ended our last chapter? No? Then go back and read it; it's only like three lines up, for christ's sake.

Okay, now that we're all on the same page, it turns out that, yes, I was suffering from alcohol poisoning and, yes, I needed medical attention. Which I fortunately received, courtesy of Johns Hopkins in beautiful downtown Baltimore. Now that I've recovered somewhat, I realize that the whole thing with the talking dogs was naught more than a combination of my overly alcohol-saturated system and a fine print of Coolidge's "A Friend In Need" that hangs in the Sultan of Syllable's parlor.

And like a fool, I mixed them.

Ah, well. I suppose the lesson here is, stay away from Coolidge prints when you're really, really drunk -- they'll freak you right out. So sayeth I...The Haiku Master!

No comments: