Friday, March 11, 2005

super exciting advertising update

Hi kids! It's me, The Haiku Master, back with an update on my new get-rich-quick scheme, a.k.a. Google AdSense!

Two days ago, I installed a two-ad model to this site's masthead, and have quickly realized a windfall of fourteen cents -- nothing to be sneezed at, friends! Which is why I've decided to double my productivity by upgrading to a four-ad version, effective immediately.

But don't worry, loyal readers; this doesn't mean the one true Sultan of Syllables is selling out to The Man! You have my solemn pledge I'll never bow to any advertiser demands, no matter how large or small they may be. Nor will you catch me using phony "big money" ad words like, ahem, Home Improvement, Pilates, Satellite Radio, Atlanta Wedding Photographer, Omaha Italian Restaurants, Healthy Caucasian Black Market Babies, Pinot Noir, and the like.

Plus, I had Shelton move the ads down to the bottom of what we pros call the "sidebar," so they're no longer hitting you in the face with their tawdry come-ons as soon as you walk in the door.

Guess that's it for now -- get to clicking, people! That private island I want isn't going to buy itself!

Best,

No comments: