Wednesday, February 09, 2005

happy rooster year

G'day, mates! It's me, The Haiku Master -- back with warm wishes for you on the first day of the year 4703!

Don't worry, though; I haven't been whisked away to the future on some crazy adventure or anything. See, 4703 is the current year if you're Chinese...and as if a high-falutin' number like that wasn't cool enough on its own, they're calling it the Year of the Rooster, to boot!


Foghorn Leghorn Ponders The Possibilities Presented By An Entire Year Devoted To His People

As you can tell from my profile picture, I'm not Chinese, but I am a certified Master of Haiku. As you may or may not know, haiku originated in Japan, which in turn is very close to China (or so my agents tell me). So it seemed only right that I join my Chinese step-brothers in celebration.

And what better way to ring in the Year of the Rooster than with a slam-bam, no-holds-barred, winner-take-all cockfight?!?

Details to come, but it'll probably take place behind the 7-11 near my top secret base of operations, with a $25 entry fee and a strict BYOC policy.

Hope to see you there!

Best,



p.s. No robot chickens allowed.

No comments: