Wednesday, February 23, 2005

have you heard the good news?

Seasons greetings, 'ku believers -- like the headline says, "Have you heard the Good News?"

No, it's not the "Good News" those Jesus freaks are always going on about. I, The Haiku Master, am wondering if you've heard that today was Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Day in my neighborhood!? 'Cause if you haven't, Good News: it was!

A month or so ago, the local Girl Scout cartel had gone door to door, insisting that the locals pre-order their sinfully sweet treats...or else! Fortunately for both sides -- I don't like beating up little girls, no matter how much they threaten me -- my arm proved to be extremely twistable on this topic, and I gladly put myself down for two dozen cases of their Samoas. Or, as I like to call them, Samoans.


A Mighty Samoan

Now, they're finally here; more Samoans than I've ever seen in my life! The misnamed cookie Samoan, of course, 'cause believe you me I saw plenty of Samoans when me and Telly Savalas teamed up to foil a grandfather clock smuggling ring on the island of Samoa.

But that's a story for another day, my friends. In the meantime, I've haiku to write, crime to fight, and cookies to enjoy. Sa-lute!

Best,

No comments: